Field Trips & Tours
- Canadian Rocky Mountain Festival, Banff
- New Oreans
- Las Vegas
- MusicFest Canada
- Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival - Idaho
- Disney Magic Music Days - Anaheim, California
- Interior Band Festival - Penticton
For Undertaking a Tour
- Provides opportunity to perform for non captive audience i.e. adjudicators who evaluate and suggest improvements and/or general public that don’t have to like us if they don’t feel like it.
- Provides opportunity to learn about music in an intensive setting. (music festival or working with educator and other musicians in another city.)
- Strengthens and confirms in a positive way the musical, organizational, and emotional interdependence between group members.
- Provides focus for directors to plan for organizational and disciplinary structures that are put in place throughout the year(s).
- Provides long term focus for students that provides stability and enjoyment of school life in a general sense for the entire year and for future years as well.
- Enhances students’ ability to plan and manage finances through fund-raising credit system and personal money.
- Students must maintain sufficient academic and behavioral standards to successfully receive permission from subject teachers to be excused from class to Tour. The Directors will, of course, be very concerned about how such problems will affect the ability of the group to fulfill performance, travel, and financial commitments.